Brahim Bakass is a professional Birding and Nature Guide based in Marrakech and specialises in taking tours to different areas in the Atlas Mountains and the Saharan desert. Brahim is also active in different associations, for instance he currently serves as the Secretary of the “Groupe d'ornithologie du Maroc” known as GOMAC.
Some of his destinations include:
- The High Atlas Mountains including the Toubkal National Park, the roof of North Africa.
- The Anti-Atlas (Tagdilt track, the rest of Jbel Saghro…)
- The National Parks and lakes of the Middle Atlas.
- Desert areas (Merzouga, Iriki, M'hamid El Ghizlan…)
- The oases of Draa and Tafilalt.
He also leads “cultural tours” to discover the rich Amazigh/Berber culture in the High Atlas and desert areas (transhumance and pastoral life, Berber Kasbahs, different archaeological sites with rock carvings…).
He can be contacted through his new (and still under construction) website http://www.atlas-sahara-biodiversity.com/ or through his Facebook profile.
Below you can see some of his photography, more in Bakass Birds Photography in MB Facebook page.
Desert Sparrow (Passer simplex) drinking water in a traditional ceramic dish, near M'hamid El Ghizlan